Thanks so much for
Record + Tape Club
ELIZABETH HARRIS (Grouper) + ILYAS AHMED
ABNER JAY TY
SEGALL SIR RICHARD BISHOP
JACUZZI BOYS DANIEL KROHA ALI FARKA TOURE CLOUDCRAFT (Hamish
Kilgour + Theo Angell) THE
BATS JAMAICAN GOSPEL CALIFONE
RECORDS RELEASED IN 2 SEPARATE BATCHES: IN DECEMBER OF 2011 + UM, JANUARY OF 2013. BATCH 1: Sir Richard Bishop, Cloudcraft, Jamaican gospel compilation, Bats/ Califone split holiday 7". BATCH 2: Visitor (Liz Harris + Ilyas Ahmed), Abner Jay, Daniel Kroha, Ty Segall, AFT, Jacuzzi Boys. THE SERIES IS CLOSED; ALL ORDERS WILL BE MAILED BY FEB. 8, 2012 (two weeks from the date that we took the paypal buttons down). Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries as to status of your order.
* SIR RICHARD BISHOP: Graviton Polarity Generator A full LP of brand new instrumental material (organ and electric guitar) by your favorite bearded, genre-defying badass. * THE BATS/ CALIFONE: Bonus
Holiday 7" Winter wonder cheer from New Zealand's Bats and the
United States of America's Califone. A one-sided split 7", with a brand new Bats song and Califone's classic cover of "Silver + Gold" (previously released as a promo CD-R). * CLOUDCRAFT: Cloudcraft
Self-titled debut from Hamish Kilgour (the Clean/ Mad Scene/ Bailter
Space) + Theo Angell (Hall of Fame/ Theo Angell & the Tabernacle
Hillside Singers). This is fun and vibrant stuff, raga wonderland music. * NOAH FOUND GRACE: Amazing stuff, never before anthologized! This compilation collects Jamaican gospel music from the '60s + '70s. We guarantee you've never heard anything like this.
* ALI FARKA TOURE: Ni Foli Live cassette from Mali ca.
1974. Super distorted in the best way; one might say that it's Ali Farka Toure,
the master musician of Mali, in Group Doueh mode. Unreal.
* TY SEGALL: San Francisco Rock Compilation or Food or Weird Beer From Microsoft Collage-crazed psychedelic pop insanity from
everyone's favorite SF-based wiz kid. Originally released as a cassette tape in an edition of 100
in 2010. Finally on vinyl!! Remastered by Brian Pyle, just amazing. * ELIZABETH HARRIS + ILYAS AHMED: Visitor This
is so good, holy shit. Here we have four collaborative recordings made in
Portland, OR by Elizabeth Harris AKA Grouper and Ilyas Ahmed. Who doesn't need
any AKA's. * ABNER JAY: "Hambone"/ "Rattle the Bones" Rare, previously unreissued recordings assembled by Jay Martin (who
oversaw the A.J. releases on Mississippi), licensed from Mr. Jay's estate.
Fancy tip-on Stoughton-style cover. * DANIEL KROHA: The Folk-Blues Stylings of Daniel Kroha Seven superb old-timey
songs recorded straight to the Gories co-founder's cell phone! Raw and ragged,
but right. Diddley bow, a capella, fingerpicked guitar. One-sided 12", his
first-ever solo release!
* JACUZZI BOYS: Seahawks & Peacocks This record turned out so great! Two brand-new studio songs recorded in Miami paired with four killer live tracks from two separate shows in Seattle from May, 2010.
Out Now or in the works from SOCIAL MUSIC RECORDS AND TAPES of Portland, OR:
* STEFAN JECUSCO: Portland Purgatory LP -- Visionary folk LP, out now! -- email for purchase info. * JUNE BRIDES: A Retrospective: London, England 1984-86 Classic British indie-pop from David Eggers' favorite band -- out now / distributed by Mississippi Records or email us. * WHERE THE SOUL OF MAN NEVER DIES: A Treasury of Caucasian-American Gospel Old-timey sacred songs, gorgeous gospel bluegrass + red-hot pentecostal pandemonium -out now / distro'ed by Mississippi Records. * THE CLEAN: Odditties LP (Due summer of 2012 -- co-release with EXILED records) * JEFF MANGUM: Orange Twin Field Works expanded LP (co-release w/ Mississippi Records -- first time on vinyl, will include a 7" of material not included on the original release) -- late summer 2012 + More